It is right here! Join us on December eighteenth, 2014, for the 1st Annual secret: The Gathering Tournament at Muldoon Library.
We've been fighting hard and learning all tips, therefore now it's time to try your mettle and dip your feet in to the realm of card playing tournaments.
Enjoy our last MTG Club meeting of 2014 around once we host an introductory degree casual competitors for childhood ages 12-18. If you should be more youthful than 12, but could you know the basic principles and can play a match - please enter!
We'd like if you enter beforehand so we can plan how-to match you within the best, but we will simply take entries on the day also!
When: Thursday December 18th from 3:30 - 5:30pm
In Which: Muldoon Library
Whom: Under 18 many years. You must know how-to play a match.
What you need: Bring a deck (see the deck principles HERE).
More information is on the formal MTG website RIGHT HERE
Optional things you may deliver: Dice, counters, (dice/counter apps are okay), playing mats, pen & paper
Enter: Visit us at Muldoon Library, or by phone 343-4032 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter before December 17th at 6pm. We have space the first 20 men and women. Late entries is going to be considered if you have room. Ingrid will get in touch with you for some additional information to simply help spot you in an appropriate bracket for the age and experience amount.
Rules & structure: We will be playing a customized "house" type of standard tournament guidelines - made a bit simpler for kids! (find out more about house guidelines . If in doubt, we will stick to the actual competition rules.
We'll operate the event in Swiss structure, or Round Robin with regards to the quantity of entries and each player's skill level.
- Decks should be a minimum of 60 cards, without significantly more than 4 of every name of card (excluding standard places), as per official guidelines.
- Sideboards of 15 cards tend to be permitted, according to authoritative rules
- Proxy cards are acceptable for fundamental lands and tokens only. These may include any card kind, even from another online game! Artwork must be tasteful and never contain profanity
- You'll deliver as numerous porches while you fancy, plus they can be your own custom deck (one you've got built yourself), or a constructed deck. Kindly get porches built before the competition starts, even as we will likely be quick timely!
- You may possibly play decks/cards from any block, also history. Since this is an informal beginner's competition, we ask you refrain from using banned cards, but banned cards won't be disallowed.
- All players will be allowed to "mulligan" (shuffle and re-draw your hand) 3 times free of charge ahead of the match begins. After the third time, you might just draw one less card for every time you reshuffle. Like, in your 4th mulligan, your beginning hand can only be 6 cards.
- All matches are a basic one-on-one (we don't do 2-Headed monster, multiplayer Free-for-All, Commander, or any other format. Successful or attracting a match will earn you points (See for details. The absolute most points at the conclusion of the afternoon would be the champion. If time permits, we will run one last round in the case of a draw.
- Ingrid could be the judge and will answer any questions or disputes. If there is still concern of procedure, then we shall reference the comprehensive authoritative Magic: The Gathering guideline book.
- The main rule - to have fun! Just like our regular club afternoons, let us ensure that is stays relaxed and enjoyable for everyone :)