Essentially there's an uncountably many opportunities for secret deck building, but here's my accept this:
1) Tribal - having a deck based around a particular creature kind. I am a Goblin and Elf man myself, but i realize that Merfolk, Soldiers, Wizards, Hydra, plus Griffins is an excellent tribe for a deck.
- Merfolk and Elf porches can even be built as severe contenders in certain of Magic's most challenging formats: Modern, Legacy, and Vintage.
2) Tokens - having a deck built around placing lots and lots of copies of a significant load of different creatures into play. (Squirrels permanently!)
3) Lifegain - wanting to get much life you will not be killed until well after your adversary has go out of cards. Gaining life could even be a win-condition.
- Battle for Zendikar Limited had a B/W lifegain archetype that has been quite effective.
- is a kind of lifegain deck in Modern.
4) Mill - your ultimate goal should make an effort to create your adversary run-out of cards within their collection as fast as possible.
- has recently permitted for a viable traditional mill deck.
5) Planeswalkers - who n't need having as many of the most extremely effective card-type in Magic in play at exactly the same time.
6) Ramp decks - half your deck rapidly creates mana, plus the spouse is huge game-winning threats. Often green.
- The Eldrazi tend to be a standard higher end for decks similar to this: Emarakul, Ulamog, and Kozilek.
7) Reanimation - if you want playing big animals, but do not wish actually wait until the belated online game to use them, try cheating all of them into play from the graveyard! Frequently Black based.
8) Combo Decks - if you don't mind dropping if you don't can a crazy a couple of card discussion to focus. You can find an enormously multitude of porches like this, and sometimes a-two card combo can get into almost any other deck.
- Splinter Twin + Deceiver Exarch/Pestermite is currently a significant contemporary .
- is a Modern deck with tons and a lot of different combination synergies.
9) Prison - What is more fun for your needs than your opponent's not receiving to relax and play whatsoever?
10) Play: if you see a Legendary Creature with a wonderful ability, and you also wished you could develop a themed deck around it, but that deck is just viable once you draw and perform this 1 legendary... Build an EDH deck around it!